Apartment

Gurugram woman suffocates after ninth-floor apartment fire

[ad_1]

As the smoke spread, the family called the security guards and phoned the fire department.

Gurugram:

A 65-year-old woman died of suffocation after a fire broke out at an upscale company condominium on MG Road in the early hours of today.

Four fire engines were dispatched to the scene to put out the blaze and rescued three people from the apartment the woman lived in, firefighters said. She died in a hospital.

According to firefighters, the fire started on the ninth floor of an apartment in Orlov Court-2 of the Essel Tower around 3:30 a.m.

At that time, Vinay Kumari Gupta, his father and his mother Pushpa Gupta were sleeping and stuck inside the apartment where smoke filled the whole apartment.

As the smoke spread, the family called the security guards and phoned the fire department.

A fire crew from the Sector 29 fire station arrived on the scene with four fire trucks.

The fire crew first rescued Vinay Kumari Gupta and his father and extinguished the blaze after an hour-long intensive operation.

“After bringing the fire under control, the rescued people said that a certain Pushpa Gupta was still inside the apartment and we started looking for her. After a few minutes she was found unconscious in a bathroom. bath near the balcony of the apartment.

“She was rushed to a hospital where doctors pronounced her dead. She died of suffocation,” said firefighter NCO Rajesh Kumar, who was at the scene.

“The fire appears to have been caused by a short circuit. It started with the LED light and spread throughout the apartment. It took us an hour to bring the blaze under control,” a senior fire officer added. .

(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

[ad_2]
Source link