The Mayfair Townhouse: A British-Inspired Boutique Hotel in the Heart of London – Hotels Above Par
Set in 17th-century Georgian townhouses, Mayfair Townhouse offers all the British charm and sophistication you’d expect from a stay across the pond. The property itself is located in Mayfair, which is arguably London’s poshest, and is within walking distance of attractions such as Piccadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, and Westminster Abbey. Nearby streets are packed with high-end boutiques, Instagram-worthy restaurants, and plenty of delicious hotspots for cocktails.
Created by Iconic Luxury Hotels, which is the group behind Cliveden, Chewton Glen, The Lygon Arms and 11 Cadogan Gardens, the hotel opened in 2020. Although housed in a building dating back to the 1730s, its design reflects the artists, writers and other creators of the 19th century. It’s the length of 15 converted Georgian houses on Half Moon Street in Mayfair which sits just behind Shepherds Market.
Throughout the hotel, you’ll find brightly colored graphics, sultry details, and the hotel’s mascot, a fox, that hops on a mural or perches atop some guest room doorways. The rooms are small but have the charm you would feel in a local B&B with a touch of town. Its contemporary aesthetic is mixed with striking features such as large freestanding tubs, metallic pendant lighting, brightly colored sofas, and marble throughout. Some rooms have views of Mayfair’s iconic Victorian rooftops, while others have views of Green Park across the road.
In the hotel lobby is the Dandy Bar, it’s an eye-catching lounge with a curated list of classy cocktails and a classic menu open to all all day. There’s also the Club Room downstairs, where breakfast is served for guests and locals looking for a delicious bite to eat, as well as the Den, a small nook just off the room. dining room, ideal for private gatherings or cozy late night cocktails.
The most coveted rooms in the hotel are the suites. Some of the ground floor suites offer their own miniature gardens while the penthouse suites make a statement with their sinks, separate living room, sapphire blue headboards and huge living areas.
- Location: Mayfair, London, United Kingdom
- The atmosphere: Contemporary meets sensual in a host of Georgian-style homes dating back to the 17th century.
- Approvals: Restaurant open all day; a chic bar, room service, gym and concierge.
- Food + Drink: Located on the ground floor, the Dandy Bar is an expertly lit lounge with a carefully selected list of classy cocktails and a classic all-day menu. The property also has the Club Room on the ground floor, which features bright red and green walls, and serves breakfast to those staying and visiting the hotel.
- Neighborhood recs? : Shop at Selfridges, stroll along the iconic Piccadilly Circus, browse Mayfair or head a little further afield to see Buckingham Palace.
- Rooms: 172 rooms and suites, ranging in size from cabin rooms to loft suites.
- Pricing: Rates start at around 300 pounds per night.
- Nearest airport: London City Airport is the closest, but has limited flights. Head to London Heathrow (LHR) for international flights.
Other articles you might like: